This webinar will provide you with an understanding of the events that led to the passage of statewide rent control in California and the key components of AB 1482.
Specifically, you will learn:
• How did we end up with statewide rent caps?
• Is your property governed by the new state law?
• How to calculate your annual rent increases based upon where your property is located
• Whether you need to rollback your rents on January 1, 2020
• What changes should be made to your lease to comply with the new law
• What notifications are required for existing tenants?
• What are the new requirements for enforcing lease violations and evicting a problem tenant.
• What new forms and procedures are needed to comply with the new “just cause” eviction restrictions.
• Plus, much more
Debra Carlton, Senior Vice President Public Affairs, California Apartment Association
Heidi Palutke, Education, Policy and Compliance Counsel, California Apartment Association
Original Broadcast Date: October 2019
On-Demand Cost: $49 Member or $129 Non-Member
Estimated Course Length: 1 Hr.
Qualifies for 1 Unit of CCRM Continuing Education Credit for current CCRM Certified Individuals.