The application process for the State of California’s Rental Assistance Payment Program opened on March 15, 2021. This program, administered by the California Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency (BCSH) will pay landlords 80% of the past due rent owed by eligible households.
Join CAA and BCSH staff for an overview of the program and application process including:
• How does the state program relate to local programs?
• How to determine whether to apply to the state or a local program?
• Which households and landlords are eligible for the state program?
• What are the state programs funding priorities?
• Can both the landlord and the resident apply?
• Can the landlord apply on behalf of former residents who still owe rent?
• Which information must be provided by the landlord and resident?
• Does the landlord have to accept the 80% payment and waive the remainder?
• Will the landlord be paid directly or does the money go the resident?
• What if the tenant (or the landlord) refuses to participate?
This includes access to the On-Demand webinar only, this can be accessed through your account no later than 7 days after the date of the LIVE webinar.